Adult Protective Services seeks to protect, prevent, and remedy abuse of elders and dependent adults. APS strives to reduce risk, maintain and enhance quality of life, promote self sufficiency and respect the right to self determination.
APS social workers investigate and seek to correct situations of abuse and neglect. The social worker will offer the older or dependent adult a plan of services, using the least restrictive method of intervention. With the goal of enabling the person to live as safely and independently as possible, the APS social worker will coordinate services with available family, supportive friends and community resources.
Anyone aged 18 to 64 who, because of their mental or physical disability is unable to effectively protect themselves against abuse or neglect, or anyone age of 65 or older, who is suspected of being abused or neglected, is eligible for APS without regard to income. If you suspect that an elderly or dependent adult is being abused or neglected, call Marin County Adult Protective Services, 24 hours/day, at (415) 473-2774. All calls are handled confidentially.
- Call APS to report suspected dependent adult or elder abuse: (415) 473-2774
- Complete State of California Abuse report forms & Mail or FAX the written report within 2 working days to the address or fax number below.
- Mandated Reporters and all other reporters use Report of Suspected Dependent Adult/Elder Abuse (SOC 341) English
- Mandated Reporters and all other reporters use Report of Suspected Dependent Adult/Elder Abuse (SOC 341) Espanol
- Financial Institutions ONLY use Report of Suspected Dependent Adult/Elder Financial Abuse (SOC 342)
Marin County Adult Protective Services
10 N. San Pedro Road
San Rafael, CA 94903
FAX: (415) 473-7042
If you suspect abuse in a long-term care facility, contact the Long-Term Care Ombudsman at (415) 473-7446.
Failure to report suspected abuse is a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment/fine.