In Marin County, the use of electric bicycles (e-bikes) for active transportation and recreation is increasing. This trend has been accompanied by an increase in e-bike related accidents. This dashboard describes all 911 responses by Marin County Emergency Medical Services to e-bike and conventional bike accidents county-wide. The data highlights trends and can guide e-bike safety measures in our community. The dashboard includes interactive elements to select specific date ranges, or filter results by type of bike. Data will be updated weekly.
- Marin Safe Routes to Schools: E-Bikes Are Electrifying the Future! - What Parents Should Know
- Marin County Bicycle Coalition: Teens E-Bike Smart Classes
- California DMV: Two-Wheeled Vehicle Operations
- AB 1946 required the California Highway Patrol (CHP) to develop a statewide e-bike safety and training program
- California Highway Patrol: Vulnerable Road Users