California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) is a cash assistance program that helps families with children who are deprived of parental support due to unemployment, absence, disability, or death of a parent. Eligibility for the program depends on residency, citizenship, age, income, resources/assets, family composition and other factors. This program provides qualified applicants with monthly cash assistance and employment services to become self-sufficient.
- Marin County resident.
- Must pass income and property requirements and depends on family composition.
- See if you apply at www.C4yourself.com
Apply in person or start the application online at www.C4yourself.com. An in-person interview is required to complete the application. To help expedite the application process, please submit the following items along with your application:
- Picture identification card
- Social Security card
- Medicare card or other health insurance card
- Proof of citizenship or immigration status (birth certificate, passport, immigration card or VISA)
- Proof of address (lease, rent receipt, utility bill)
- Proof of income (paystubs, Federal income tax return with all attachments for self-employed, unemployment or disability payments, cash gifts or loans received)
- Verification of property/assets (checking, savings, IRA or retirement account statements, car registration(s), land owned, etc.)
- Additional verification may be requested
For additional information about the program please visit the California Department of Social Services website at http://www.cdss.ca.gov/CalWORKS.