The systematic ongoing or episodic collection, analysis, and interpretation of health-related data essential to the planning, implementation& evaluation of public health practice, closely integrated with the timely dissemination of these data to those responsible for prevention and control.
- Investigate unusual acute and chronic conditions or other health risks in a population, using epidemiological methods and data.
- Health Research: Design, study, and collect necessary data. Perform analyses for the purpose of answering specific questions & expanding the knowledge base of a topic.
- Emergent: Support or conduct data related components of outbreak & emergency events.
- Identify, or respond to, public health problems
- Design analysis plans, assess & assure data quality
- Conduct analyses, interpret & summarize results, draw conclusions
- Recommend interventions/control measures in partnership with key stakeholders
- Distribute/communicate findings; provide technical assistance as necessary
Present findings to a range of audiences using appropriate and effective communication methods.
- Collect, assemble, analyze & interpret data to inform decision making
- Guide & educate others on how to use data and where to access data
- Support program staff in identifying available data to support program objectives & outcomes, and collecting data where appropriate.