What happens after I make an appointment?
- Review of income.
- Review of health and medical history.
- Review of usual dietary intake and eating patterns.
- Review of immunization record (children only).
- Height & weight measurements taken.
- Hemoglobin test performed (over 9 months of age).
- Meet with health professional for determination of nutrition eligibility for program.
- Discuss foods that will be received from WIC.
- Learn nutrition & health information applicable for participant.
- Learn about other helpful services & resources in the community.
- Learn about how to use the WIC Food Instruments (checks).
- Make next appointment to pick up Food Instruments and receive additional nutrition education.