In Home Supportive Services (IHSS)
Information on Service Adjustments During the COVID-19 Emergency
HHS is the County’s largest department with more than 700 employees who work at many sites throughout Marin. Many HHS offices have reopened with limited staffing to the public. Staff will continue to provide services remotely when possible for safety reasons, and residents in need of HHS services should consider conducting conversations over the phone or email when possible. Please call ahead if you have an appointment or require in-person assistance.
If you are seeking information related to COVID-19 (Coronavirus), please visit our Public Health website, call the COVID-19 hotline (415) 473-7191, or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org. If you are seeking information and resources for older adults, persons with disabilities, or family caregivers, please email us at 457-INFO@marincounty.org or call 415-457-INFO.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, we are experiencing very high call volumes. We will return your call as soon as possible. Thank you.
IHSS pays for some domestic and personal care services for elderly and for disabled individuals of all ages so that they can remain safely in their own homes. The IHSS provider is chosen by the client, and works in the client's home to do those tasks the client cannot do for themselves.
- Requires a determination of financial eligibility.
- Clients must either have full-scope Medi-Cal or be Medi-Cal eligible.
- Social workers will assess the client in his/her own home to determine the hours per month of care needed.
- Applicants who have income in excess of the SSI benefit levels may have a share-of-cost each month.
- May include housework, shopping, laundry, medical transportation, meal preparation, and assisting with personal needs such as bathing, dressing and transfers.
More information available on the California Department of Social Services IHSS website.