What is the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)?
HMIS is a computerized system that allows participating agencies to record and store client level information on the characteristics and service needs of persons who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. HMIS is a helpful resource for homeless service providers to coordinate care, manage their operations, and to better serve their clients.
Marin CoC HMIS Participating Programs Include
- Adopt A Family of Marin
- Community Action Marin
- Downtown Streets Team
- Homeless Outreach Team (HOT)
- Homeward Bound of Marin
- Marin County Health & Human Services
- Marin Housing Authority
- Ritter Center
- St. Vincent de Paul Society
- Sunny Hills TAY
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Benefits of an HMIS
- Allows agencies to track client outcomes and measure program effectiveness
- Useful resource for developing financial and programmatic reports for funders, boards and other stakeholders
- Increases the understanding of the local extent and scope of homelessness
- Provides an unduplicated count of persons experiencing homelessness
- Can help identify gaps in services and inform policy decisions to improve coordination among agencies
The HMIS project is required by law to maintain the privacy of personal information. We only collect information that we consider appropriate. The collection and use of all personal information is guided by strict standards of confidentiality.