On Thursday, November 9th, 2017, the Marin HHS STD Clinic closed down permanently. If you have additional questions or concerns, please visit www.marinhhs.org/clinic-integration or call (415) 473-4163.
Talk To Your Doctor About Sexual Health
You and your doctor are a team. The doctor is trained to know about the workings of the body and you provide the personal details for diagnosis and care. The National Coalition for Sexual Health has created a guide to inform men and women of all ages about sexual health. It focuses on the preventive services that can help protect and improve your sexual health. The guide explains these recommended services and helps you talk with a health care provider.
Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Testing
- Low-income? You may qualify for Family Planning, Access, Care, and Treatment (Family PACT) which is California’s approach to provide comprehensive family planning services to eligible low income (under 200% federal poverty level) men and women.
- Don't want your parents to know? Anyone 12 years of age and older has the right to get tested and treated without parental consent (and get birth control!). Plus, you automatically qualify for free services through Family PACT.
- If you need treatment, many clinics will give you treatment to take to your sexual partner(s). Remember to ask for this service!
- Find a nearby clinic to get yourself tested for STDs. Information below includes payment options, bilingual services, and convenient hours. For more details, contact the clinics directly.
- List of Marin County FPACT providers
Other Marin County Resources Promoting Sexual Health
Visit Planned Parenthood San Rafael Health Center for family planning services, including STD testing and abortions.
The Spahr Center provides services and support for LGBTQ youth, adults, seniors and families and for people living with and affected by HIV.
Huckleberry Youth Programs has a Tuesday Drop In Teen Clinic from 1pm to 5pm.
Each Monday from 1:30 – 5:00, the Novato Teen Clinic offers a free, confidential drop-in clinic for teens ages 12-21 to access reproductive and behavioral health care.
Bay Area Resources Promoting Sexual Health
Strut is the new home for health and wellness from San Francisco AIDS Foundation.It's a place where gay, bi and trans men can find tools and support to manage physical, emotional and social aspects of health.
San Francisco City Clinic provides free or low-cost sexual health care to everyone regardless of immigration or insurance status.