Talk To Your Doctor About Sexual Health
You and your doctor are a team. The doctor is trained to know about the workings of the body and you provide the personal details for diagnosis and care. The National Coalition for Sexual Health has created a guide to inform men and women of all ages about sexual health. It focuses on the preventive services that can help protect and improve your sexual health. The guide explains these recommended services and helps you talk with a health care provider.
Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Testing
- Low-income? You may qualify for Family Planning, Access, Care, and Treatment (Family PACT) which is California’s approach to provide comprehensive family planning services to eligible low income (under 200% federal poverty level) men and women.
- Don't want your parents to know? Anyone 12 years of age and older has the right to get tested and treated without parental consent (and get birth control!). Plus, you automatically qualify for free services through Family PACT.
- If you need treatment, many clinics will give you treatment to take to your sexual partner(s). Remember to ask for this service!
- Find a nearby clinic to get yourself tested for STDs. Information below includes payment options, bilingual services, and convenient hours. For more details, contact the clinics directly.
- List of Marin County FPACT providers
Other Marin County Resources Promoting Sexual Health
Visit Planned Parenthood San Rafael Health Center for family planning services, including STD testing and abortions. They also offer PrEP & PEP.
2 H St, San Rafael
Call or go online to schedule an appointment.
The Spahr Center provides services and support for LGBTQ youth, adults, seniors and families and for people living with and affected by HIV.
150 Nellen Ave, Corte Madera
HIV/Hepatitis C testing only. Results in 20 minutes. PrEP Navigation. Please call for an appointment at (415) 515-5364.
Huckleberry Youth Programs has a Tuesday Drop In Teen Clinic from 1pm to 5pm. Services free and confidential for ages 12-21. Counseling services are also available.
361 Third St, San Rafael
Each Wednesday from 1:30 – 5:00, the Novato Teen Clinic offers a free, confidential drop-in clinic for teens ages 12-21 to access reproductive and behavioral health care. Use door with the green star. Hybrid model; best to call or text. Counseling services are available.
6090 Redwood Blvd, Novato
Marin City Health & Wellness Center offers appointments or drop-in Monday - Friday.
630 Drake Ave, Marin City
Marin Community Clinics has multiple locations and they also offer PrEP.
· 5 Bon Air Road, Larkspur
· 3110 Kerner Blvd, San Rafael
· 3260 Kerner Blvd, San Rafael - STI Clinic Mon & Thur 1:20pm-4:00pm
· 6100 Redwood Blvd, Novato
Main number: (415) 448-1500
Coastal Health Alliance accepts Kaiser insurance. You can call to schedule an appointment and phone appointments are available.
3 Sixth St, Point Reyes
Kaiser Permanente also offers PrEP and PEP. Call to schedule an appointment. If you are a teen, tell the advice nurse you want a confidential visit.
Bay Area Resources Promoting Sexual Health
Strut is the new home for health and wellness from San Francisco AIDS Foundation. It's a place where gay, bi and trans men can find tools and support to manage physical, emotional, and social aspects of health.
San Francisco City Clinic provides free or low-cost sexual health care to everyone regardless of immigration or insurance status.