BenefitsCal is here!
BenefitsCal.com is a new simple way for customers to apply for, view, and renew benefits for health coverage, food and cash assistance.
BenefitsCal is the first statewide automated site built by and for the people of California. Together, we benefit.
BenefitsCal will make it easier than ever to:
- Apply online
- Renew your benefits
- Upload documents
- Report changes
- Connect with a caseworker
BenefitsCal supports applications for
- Medi-Cal/County Medical Services Program (CMSP)
- General Aid/General Relief (GA/GR)
- Disaster CalFresh
- Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI)
Visit BenefitsCal.com today to apply.
California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) is a cash assistance program that helps families with children who are deprived of parental support due to unemployment, absence, disability, or death of a parent. Eligibility for the program depends on residency, citizenship, age, income, resources/assets, family composition and other factors. This program provides qualified applicants with monthly cash assistance and employment services to become self-sufficient.
- Marin County resident.
- Must pass income and property requirements and depends on family composition.
- See if you apply at BenefitsCal.com
Apply in person or start the application online at BenefitsCal.com. An in-person interview is required to complete the application. To help expedite the application process, please submit the following items along with your application:
- Picture identification card
- Social Security card
- Medicare card or other health insurance card
- Proof of citizenship or immigration status (birth certificate, passport, immigration card or VISA)
- Proof of address (lease, rent receipt, utility bill)
- Proof of income (paystubs, Federal income tax return with all attachments for self-employed, unemployment or disability payments, cash gifts or loans received)
- Verification of property/assets (checking, savings, IRA or retirement account statements, car registration(s), land owned, etc.)
- Additional verification may be requested
For additional information about the program please visit the California Department of Social Services website at http://www.cdss.ca.gov/CalWORKS.