Upcoming HPSC Meetings:
- Wednesday, August 9, 2017
- Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - Special Meeting
- Wednesday, November 8, 2017
2017 Continuum of Care NOFA
The Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD's) Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the Fiscal Year 2017 Continuum of Care Program Competition was released on Friday, July 14, 2017.
This Public Solicitation for Project Applications provides a summary of the 2017 NOFA and the overall timeline for accessing this funding opportunity.
A CoC Bidders Conference for all interested parties will be held on Monday, July 31st from 1:00 to 3:00 pm in the Point Reyes Conference Room at 20 North San Pedro Road in San Rafael. Meetings are open to representatives of any organization that might be interested in applying for CoC funding, including nonprofit organizations, local governments, instrumentalities of local governments and public housing agencies.
The CoC encourages applications from organizations that have no previously received CoC Program funding. The public is encouraged to share this Public Solicitation with any interested parties.
2017 Point-in-Time Count Posted
The results of the 2017 Point-in-Time Count can be viewed here.
2016 Continuum of Care NOFA Documents
On June 29, 2016 HUD released the Continuum of Care Notice of Funding Availability (CoC NOFA), which authorizes funding for new and renewal homeless housing projects. In addition to our existing renewals, in 2015 the Marin County Continuum of Care is eligible to apply for up to $158,952 in funding for bonus permanent housing projects. Please see this summary for more information.
On August 29, 2016, the non-conflicted members of the Homeless Policy Steering Committee approved the final project priority listing that will be sent to HUD. This list was generated by a non-conflicted panel that reviewed all project applications with a scoring tool that was approved by the HPSC.
New: As of September 11, 2016, all parts of the FY 2016 Continuum of Care Consolidated Application (encompassing both the Continuum of Care Application and the Project Priority Listing) are available for review.
Please contact HomeBase (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
What is the Homeless Policy Steering Committee?
The Homeless Policy Steering Committee (HPSC) develops long-term strategic plans and facilitates year-round efforts to identify the needs of homeless individuals and families in Marin. The Steering Committee also provides opportunities for leadership and coordination for Marin’s county-wide response to homelessness.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Involving key local stakeholders in establishing a community-wide response to the complex problem of homelessness.
- Analyzing relevant data to identify the most effective mix of homeless services and housing for Marin.
- Setting priorities for programs and designing evaluation processes.
- Providing final approval for the Marin Continuum of Care application submission to the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Overseeing implementation of the Homeless Emergency Assistance and Rapid Transition to Housing Act (HEARTH) at a local level.
- Oversight of the CoC’s Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)
- Monitoring implementation of the CoC’s 10 Year Plan
The HPSC is staffed by the Department of Health & Human Services and is chaired by representatives of the Board of Supervisors.
Contact: Ashley Hart McIntyre, Policy Analyst
- Marin County Health and Human Services