Upcoming HPSC Meetings:
- Thursday, July 15, 11:30 a.m.: Special meeting to approve MOU with Marin Housing Authority. Registration and zoom link at https://homebaseccc.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAqc-morTwiH9KLOtQt36mf1dQDEjhr48Qk
- Wednesday, August 11
- Wednesday, November 10
Are you homeless and in need of help?
View the HHS Online Resource Guide or call 415-473-INFO.
2019 CoC NOFA Application and Priority Listing
The Community Application with attachments and final Priority Listing for the 2019 Continuum of Care NOFA funding competition are now available for community review.
2019 CoC NOFA Final Priority Listing
At a September 11 special meeting, the HPSC approved the priority listing for Continuum of Care projects, available here. These projects will be submitted to HUD for funding.
2019 CoC NOFA Funding Competition Opens
The federal department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has released the 2019 Continuum of Care NOFA funding competition. For information on local process and timelines, please see the below Public Solicitation.
What is the Homeless Policy Steering Committee?
The Homeless Policy Steering Committee (HPSC) develops long-term strategic plans and facilitates year-round efforts to identify the needs of homeless individuals and families in Marin. The Steering Committee also provides opportunities for leadership and coordination for Marin’s county-wide response to homelessness.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Involving key local stakeholders in establishing a community-wide response to the complex problem of homelessness.
- Analyzing relevant data to identify the most effective mix of homeless services and housing for Marin.
- Setting priorities for programs and designing evaluation processes.
- Providing final approval for the Marin Continuum of Care application submission to the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Overseeing implementation of the Homeless Emergency Assistance and Rapid Transition to Housing Act (HEARTH) at a local level.
- Oversight of the CoC’s Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)
- Monitoring implementation of the CoC’s 10 Year Plan
How to Join:
The HPSC is open to all interested parties. To join the HPSC announcements mailing list, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The HPSC is staffed by the Department of Health & Human Services and is chaired by representatives of the Board of Supervisors.
Contact: Carrie Ellen Sager, Senior Program Coordinator
- Marin County Health and Human Services