What is the order of preference for appointment of a conservator?
- The person chosen by the proposed conservatee, providing the proposed conservatee has the ability at the time that they choose a conservator to form an intelligent preference, unless the court finds that the appointment of the person chosen is not in the best interest of the proposed conservatee.
- The spouse or person chosen by the spouse.
- An adult child or person chosen by the adult child.
- A parent or person chosen by the parent.
- A brother or sister or person chosen by the brother or sister.
- Any other eligible and appropriate person or entity.
- The Public Guardian. (The Public Guardian is considered the last resort.)