What is the order of preference for appointment of a conservator?
To contact us for essential services, please use the following resource numbers:
Dial 711 for CA Relay Service
Starting March 17, 2020, most County of Marin Health and Human Services offices and public spaces are closed.
Please call ahead if you have an appointment or are required to be assisted in-person.
- The person chosen by the proposed conservatee, providing the proposed conservatee has the ability at the time that they choose a conservator to form an intelligent preference, unless the court finds that the appointment of the person chosen is not in the best interest of the proposed conservatee.
- The spouse or person chosen by the spouse.
- An adult child or person chosen by the adult child.
- A parent or person chosen by the parent.
- A brother or sister or person chosen by the brother or sister.
- Any other eligible and appropriate person or entity.
- The Public Guardian. (The Public Guardian is considered the last resort.)