County of Marin Health and Human Services

Who can Refer a Case for LPS Conservatorship?

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Shelter in Place Order for Marin County

To contact us for essential services, please use the following resource numbers:

Dial 711 for CA Relay Service

On June 8, 2020 many County of Marin Health and Human Services offices will open to the public, but we will continue to provide services remotely when possible to keep you and our staff as safe as possible. 

Please call ahead if you have an appointment or require in-person assistance.


Private parties cannot refer a person directly to the Public Guardian for an LPS Conservatorship. LPS referrals must come from psychiatric facilities approved by the Marin County Board of Supervisors.