County of Marin Health and Human Services

Immunization Clinic

On Thursday, November 9th, 2017, the Marin HHS Immunization Clinic closed down permanently.  The Marin HHS Immunization Program does not provide travel medical consultations.  

I started my vaccine series at the HHS Immunization Clinic. What do I need to do?

If you started a series here and additional vaccines are due after the clinic closes, take your vaccine record to your healthcare provider or pharmacist. They will review the record to see what vaccines are needed and when you are due for your next immunizations.

Where do I get a copy of my vaccine records?

If you are a current or past patient of Marin HHS, you may request that a copy or written summary of your health record be transferred to you or another practice of your choice. In order to provide adequate time to transfer your health records, requests should be made either in person or by calling 415.473.4400 or via fax at 415.473.4018. Please allow 2 business days to fulfill your request.

What vaccines do I need?

Vaccine recommendations for adolescents and adults are based on a variety of factors including age, overall health status, and medical history.

To help you understand what vaccines you (those 18 years and older) might need, you can complete the Adult Vaccine Quiz online. Then print your results and discuss them with your doctor or health care professional next time you make an office visit.

Las vacunas se recomiendan para los adultos en base a la edad, afecciones, ocupación, estilo de vida, viajes y otros factores. ¡Conteste el cuestionario!

Where do I get them?

The best place to get immunizations is your doctor's office as part of personal regular health maintenance. The following community health centers offer medical care and immunizations.

This is not a complete list of locations where vaccinations are available. Most medical providers and many commercial pharmacies also offer vaccinations, and may be contacted to check for availability.

What vaccines are needed for school?

California schools are required to check immunization records for all new student admissions at TK /Kindergarten through 12th grade and all students advancing to 7th grade before entry.  Visit the Shots for Schools for more information. 

Where does my child get vaccines for school?

The best place to get immunizations is your doctor's office as part of personal regular health maintenance. The following providers also participate in the Vaccines for Children (VFC) program, which ensures access to vaccinations to low-income and/or uninsured children. Please contact these sites to verify if provider is accepting new patients.To be eligible, children must be 18 years of age or younger and meet any one of the following criteria:

  • Be eligible for Medi-Cal or Child Health and Disability Program (CHDP) or
  • Have no health insurance (be uninsured) or
  • Be American Indian or Alaskan Native
Kaiser Permanente San Rafael Medical Center 
Phone: (415) 444-4460
99 Montecillo Rd, Bldg 2, San Rafael, CA 94903
Marin City Health And Wellness Center 
Phone: (415) 339-8813
630 Drake Ave, Sausalito, CA 94965

I have employees that need immunizations for work. Where should I send them?

Have staff check with their own health care provider, local pharmacies, or urgent care clinics to see what services/programs are available that meet their and your agency needs.

I need travel vaccines and/or medications for travel. Where do I go?

For general information about recommended vaccinations and health advisories for the area you will be traveling to, see CDC's Traveler's Health resource.  Resources for travel services may include your own health care provider or a local pharmacy.

AITC Immunization and Travel Clinic

101 Grove St., Room 102, SF, CA            415-554-2625

Passport Health      

  • San Rafael - 28 Mitchell Blvd. San Rafael, CA 94903 - 628-243-7001
  • San Francisco - 3117 Geary Blvd. SF, CA 94118 - 415-735-9816
  • San Francisco - 47 Kearny St., Suite 701 SF, CA 94108 - 415-529-7120
  • Oakland - 333 Hegenberger Road, Suite 311, Oakland,CA 94621- 510-564-4251 

Yellow fever vaccine is not available nationwide.  Stamaril, an approved alternative, is available at AITC – SF and Passport Health - Oakland.