County of Marin Health and Human Services

Immunization Program

For questions about COVID-19 Vaccine, please visit our Coronavirus webpage on Vaccines.  

Marin Health and Human Services does not offer in-home seasonal influenza vaccination.  For flu information, please visit 

Providers, protect your vaccine supply.  The danger of wildfires driven by high winds increase the chances that Pacific Gas & Electric will need to turn off electric power lines to protect public safety. 

For recommendations to safeguard your vaccine, please read our Public Health Alert: Vaccine Storage During Public Safety Power Shutoffs.

Travel Immunizations

The Marin HHS Immunization Program does not provide travel medical consultations.  For general information about recommended vaccinations and health advisories for the area you will be traveling to, visit  Resources for travel services include your own health care provider, a local travel clinic, or a local pharmacy.  View our list of Where To Get Vaccinated in Marin (Dónde vacunarse en el condado de Marin, Español).


What Immunizations Do You Need?


Where to Get Vaccinated

The best place to get immunizations is at your doctor’s office or regular clinic.  View this list of Where to Get Vaccinated in Marin County (Español, Dónde vacunarse en el condado de Marin) or visit 


Vaccine-Preventable Diseases and Vaccine Safety


School and Pre-Kindergarten (Child Care/Preschool) Immunization Requirements




Under the California School Immunization Law (California Health and Safety Code, Sections 120325-120375), children are required to receive certain immunizations in order to attend public and private elementary and secondary schools, child care centers, family day care homes, nursery schools, day nurseries and developmental centers. This law also requires schools, child care centers, and family child care homes to enforce immunization requirements, maintain immunization records of all children enrolled, and submit reports to the local health department.

Visit for information on the required immunizations to enter child care/preschool and school, and for immunizations required for child care employees and volunteers under Senate Bill (SB) 792.  

Schools with low vaccination rates are at increased risk for outbreaks of vaccine-preventable diseases.  How well-vaccinated is your child's  child care? Kindergarten? 7th Grade?

Schools & Child Cares/Preschools: Need more "Blue Cards" (California School Immunization Records)?  Please call 415-473-4163 or email or 

Tools for Health Care Providers

Required Immunizations for School and Pre-Kindergarten (Child Care/Preschool)

Effective January 1, 2020, medical exemptions (MEs) can only be issued through the California Immunization Registry – Medical Exemption website (CAIR-ME) by physicians licensed in California. Please visit for more information.

Immunization Resources for Health Care Providers

Please report vaccine-related adverse events to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), and vaccine errors to the National Vaccine Errors Reporting Program (VERP).

Please report incidences and outbreaks of communicable diseases to the Marin County Communicable Disease and Community Preparedness Unit.


Want to help Marin Health & Human Services vaccinate the community?

If you are a health care professional who is interested in volunteering at a COVID-19 or seasonal influenza vaccination event, join the Marin Medical Reserve Corps!


Tools for Translating Foreign Vaccine Records