- Well Water Testing is $24.00
- Tick Identification is $34.00
Please make checks out to: Public Health Laboratory.
We cannot accept cash or credit cards.
*Fees are subject to change without prior notice.
Well Water Testing Procedure:
- Pick up a kit at the Marin HHS Connection Center - 3240 Kerner Blvd, San Rafael, CA 94901
- The kit contains:
- A container for your water specimen
- A form to be submitted with the sample
- After collecting the sample return the kit to the Marin HHS Connection Center.
Water Testing Resources:
Tick Removal Procedure:
- If possible, have someone else remove the tick from you.
- Use tweezers or forceps rather than your fingers.
- If you must touch tick use a tissue or gloves to protect your hand.
- Grasp the tick's mouthparts as close to the skin as possible.
- Gently pull the tick straight out, steadily and firmly. Do not twist or jerk the tick.
- If mouthparts of the tick break off and remain in your skin, consult your physician.
Tick Collection Procedure:
- Place tick into clean capped container or a zip-lock plastic bag. Place a piece of cotton or tissue moistened with tap water into the container with the tick. (Note: do not use alcohol, formalin or other liquids. Do not stick tick to scotch tape. These materials make testing for the Lyme organism unsatisfactory.)
- Bring or ship tick to the laboratory as soon as possible.
- Complete a laboratory supply the following information:
- Name, address and birth date of person bitten.
- Location of the bite (arm, neck, etc.)
- Date tick removed.
- Estimated duration of time tick was attached (i.e. 4hrs, 24hrs, etc.)
- Geographical location (what city, park, etc.) tick was obtained.
- Phone number, name and address of person to receive report.
- Any obvious symptoms.
The Napa/Solano/Yolo/Marin Public Health Laboratory (NSYMPHL) offers an extensive array of clinical and biological tests related to communicable diseases. For information about specific tests, please call the laboratory at (707) 784-4410.