- Commission meetings are held at various locations throughout Marin. Click the Schedule of Meetings link on the right side of this page for further details.
- The General Commission Meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month.
- A presentation is made at 10:00 a.m. featuring a noted guest speaker on a topic of interest to older adults, their families and professionals.
- The business meeting follows at 11:15 a.m.
- Questions: contact the Aging and Adult Services main line at (415) 473-7118.
How to Become a Commissioner
Ten members are appointed by the Board of Supervisors; one from each of the incorporated cities, two elected from Marin County to the California Senior Legislature, and, if applicable, one Marin County resident appointed by the Governor to the State Commission on Aging.
Applications may be obtained from the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, Room 329, Administration Building, Marin Civic Center (415) 473-7331, the City Clerk in the appropriate jurisdiction, or access the application online at: https://www.marincounty.org/depts/bs/boards-and-commissions/download-applications
If you are interested in applying for one of the 11 City or Town commission seats, please contact the clerk's office of the City/Town you wish to represent. If you need assistance with determining who to contact, please call the Office of the Area Agency on Aging at (415) 473-7118.
Gary Lara, Administrative Assistant II
Phone: (415) 473-7118
- The County of Marin
Purpose / Duties:
Number of Members:
Reimbursements for Expenses / Per Diem:
Time and Day of Meetings:
How to Apply:
Please refer to the "How to Become a Commissioner" section of this page.