The Marin County Commission on Aging is a 23-member federally mandated advisory council to the Marin County Board of Supervisors. The Commission works closely with the Aging and Adult Services on behalf of Marin’s older adults. Commissioners are appointed to three-year terms by either the Board of Supervisors or the 11 incorporated Cities and Towns in Marin. In addition, Marin County's Senior Assembly Member and Senior Senator, representatives of the California Senior Legislature (CSL), also serve as ex-officio members for a four-year term.
- Commission meetings are held at various locations throughout Marin. Click the Schedule of Meetings link on the right side of this page for further details.
- A presentation is made at 10:00 a.m. featuring a noted guest speaker on a topic of interest to older adults, their families and professionals.
- The business meeting will follow at 11:15 a.m.
- Starting January 2016, the General Commission Meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month.
- Questions: contact the Aging and Adult Services main line at (415) 473-7118.
How to Become a Commissioner
Applications may be obtained from the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, Room 329, Administration Building, Marin Civic Center (415) 473-7331, the City Clerk in the appropriate jurisdiction, or access the application online at: http://www.marincounty.org/depts/bs/boards-and-commissions/download-applications
Gary Lara, Administrative Assistant II
Phone: (415) 473-7118
- The County of Marin
Purpose / Duties:
Number of Members:
Reimbursements for Expenses / Per Diem:
Time and Day of Meetings:
How to Apply:
Ten members are appointed by the Board of Supervisors; one from each of the incorporated cities, two elected from Marin County to the California Senior Legislature, and, if applicable, one Marin County resident appointed by the Governor to the State Commission on Aging.
Applications may be obtained from the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, Room 329, Administration Building, Marin Civic Center (415-473-7331), or contact the Clerk of the City/Town you wish to represent, or access the General Application online.