Nutrition Program for Older Adults
Marin County offers home-delivered meals and lunches served at congregate dining sites for residents aged 60 and older. There are no income limits. Participants are asked to contribute $3.50/meal delivered to your home and $3.00/meal served at congregate sites. Contributions are voluntary and no one is turned away for lack of funds. Funding for this program, in part, is made available by the Older Americans Act, administered locally by the Marin County Department of Health and Human Services, Aging and Adult Services.
Congregate Meal Locations
Margaret Todd Senior Center
1560 Hill Road, Novato
Tues, Wed. & Thurs. at Noon
The Albert J Boro Ctr, Pickleweed
50 Canal St, San Rafael
Every other Wed at Noon
San Rafael Community Center
618 B. Street, San Rafael
Wednesday except the 3rd Wed, 11am
Corte Madera Recreation Center
498 Tamalpais Drive, Corte Madera
Thursday at Noon
Marguerita Johnson Senior Center
640 Drake Ave. Marin City
Wednesday at Noon
Fairfax Community Church
2398 Sir Francis Drake Blvd, Fairfax
Sunday at Noon
(415) 454-6085 or (415) 454-5887
San Geronimo Valley Community
6350 Sir Francis Drake, San Geronimo
Monday and Thursday at Noon
503 B Street, Point Reyes Station
Thursday at 11:30 am
Home Delivered Meal Program Details
- Home delivered meals are for seniors who are homebound (not driving), isolated, and considered frail.
- All participants are screened over the phone and in person.
- Healthy meals are prepared with special attention to dietary guidelines and meet 1/3 of daily recommended intake.
- Participants are provided with one meal a day. Meals delivered cover three, five, or seven days a week based on need.
- You will be informed of the approximate delivery time of your meal.
- You must be home at the time of your meal delivery. Meals cannot be left unattended and must be promptly refrigerated.
- You may suspend meal delivery for up to four (4) weeks and restart service by calling (415) 457-INFO.
- If you need to cancel a meal, call (415) 457-INFO seven days in advance.
- Participants may be declined service, or have services suspended or terminated, due to ineligibility, behavior issues, repeated cancellations without adequate notice, or repeated unsuccessful deliveries.
- Depending on the need for services, you may be placed on a waiting list.