California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) is a cash assistance program that helps families with children who are deprived of parental support due to unemployment, absence, disability, or death of a parent. Eligibility for the program depends on residency, citizenship, age, income, resources/assets, family composition and other factors. This program provides qualified applicants with monthly cash assistance and employment services to become self-sufficient.
Marin County resident. Must pass income and property requirements and depends on family composition. See if you apply at www.C4yourself.com
CalWORKs apply in person or initiate the application online at www.C4yourself.com However, an in person interview is required. To help expedite the application process, please submit along with your application the items:
- Picture identification card
- Social Security card
- Medicare card or other health insurance card
- Proof of citizenship or immigration status (birth certificate, passport, immigration card or VISA)
- Proof of address (lease, rent receipt, utility bill)
- Proof of income (paystubs, Federal income tax return with all attachments for self-employed, unemployment or disability payments, cash gifts or loans received)
- Verification of property/assets (checking, savings, IRA or retirement account statements, car registration(s), land owned, etc.)
- Additional verification may be requested
For additional information about the program please visit the California Department of Social Services website at http://www.cdss.ca.gov/CalWORKS.