Many HHS offices are reopening with limited staffing to the public on Tuesday, June 9, following an in-service training day on June 8. The campus at 120 North Redwood Drive in San Rafael will open Monday, June 15th.
Staff will continue to provide services remotely when possible for safety reasons, and residents in need of HHS services should consider conducting conversations over the phone or email when possible. Please call ahead if you have an appointment or require in-person assistance.
California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) is a cash assistance program that helps families with children who are deprived of parental support due to unemployment, absence, disability, or death of a parent. Eligibility for the program depends on residency, citizenship, age, income, resources/assets, family composition and other factors. This program provides qualified applicants with monthly cash assistance and employment services to become self-sufficient.
- Marin County resident.
- Must pass income and property requirements and depends on family composition.
- See if you apply at www.C4yourself.com
Apply in person or start the application online at www.C4yourself.com. An in-person interview is required to complete the application. To help expedite the application process, please submit the following items along with your application:
- Picture identification card
- Social Security card
- Medicare card or other health insurance card
- Proof of citizenship or immigration status (birth certificate, passport, immigration card or VISA)
- Proof of address (lease, rent receipt, utility bill)
- Proof of income (paystubs, Federal income tax return with all attachments for self-employed, unemployment or disability payments, cash gifts or loans received)
- Verification of property/assets (checking, savings, IRA or retirement account statements, car registration(s), land owned, etc.)
- Additional verification may be requested
For additional information about the program please visit the California Department of Social Services website at http://www.cdss.ca.gov/CalWORKS.