BenefitsCal is here!
BenefitsCal.com is a new simple way for customers to apply for, view, and renew benefits for health coverage, food and cash assistance.
BenefitsCal is the first statewide automated site built by and for the people of California. Together, we benefit.
BenefitsCal will make it easier than ever to:
- Apply online
- Renew your benefits
- Upload documents
- Report changes
- Connect with a caseworker
BenefitsCal supports applications for
- Medi-Cal/County Medical Services Program (CMSP)
- General Aid/General Relief (GA/GR)
- Disaster CalFresh
- Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI)
Visit BenefitsCal.com today to apply.
If you or a member of your family is enrolled in the Medi-Cal Access Program, the Medi-Cal Access Infants Program, the Optional Targeted Low Income Program, the County Children's Health Initiative Program, or the Working Disabled Program, and are experiencing hardship due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, you can request a COVID-19 premium waiver by calling one of the following numbers:
- Medi-Cal Access Program (MCAP)
- Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. or on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Medi-Cal Access Infant Program (MCAIP)
- Optional Targeted Low-Income Children's Program (OTLICP)
- Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. or on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Working Disabled Program
- Call 1-916-445-9891
- Medi-Cal members in the 250% Working Disabled Program should call 1-916-445-9891, or
- fax 1-916-440-5676,
- or request a waiver and credits online here.
- County Children's Health Initiative (CCHIP)
- Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. or on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Examples when calling to request a premium waiver and credits: “I want a COVID premium waiver to stop my monthly premiums, and I would like premium credits for payments I made since the start of the pandemic in March 2020."
The Marin County Public Assistance branch offers several options for health coverage for Marin County residents, including Medi-Cal and CMSP. Our highly trained staff of Eligibility Workers are ready to take applications year-round and help connect Marin County residents to the services they are eligible for.
The Medi-Cal program offers free or low-cost medical, vision, and dental services to eligible residents. Medi-Cal is California's Medicaid program.
Who May Be Eligible for Medi-Cal: Low-income adults, families with children, seniors, persons with disabilities, pregnant persons, children in foster care, former foster youth up to age 26, and individuals with diseases such as tuberculosis, breast and/or cervical cancer, or HIV
County Medical Services Program (CMSP)
CMSP is a county-funded program that provides temporary health coverage for eligible Marin County residents.
Who May Be Eligible for CMSP: Marin County residents between the ages of 21 through 64 who are not eligible for Medi-Cal, with incomes between 138% and 300% of the Federal Poverty Level, and who meet personal property limits. You will be screened for Medi-Cal and CMSP when you apply for health benefits; you do not have to separately apply for CMSP when applying for health benefits.
How to Apply for Medi-Cal and CMSP
To apply by phone, please call 1-877-410-8817 (toll free)
- To apply by mail, send completed application to PO Box 4160, San Rafael, CA 94913.
- You can print and download Medi-Cal applications (English) (Espanol). These fill-and-print PDF forms may be completed online and printed to hardcopy to be signed and mailed. View other translated Medi-Cal applications.
- If applying for Medi-Cal and other programs, such as CalFresh or CalWORKs, view English and Spanish applications.
To apply by fax, please send your Medi-Cal application to (415) 473-3554
IIf you wish to apply for Medi-Cal or CMSP in person, you can go to one of our Marin County Social Services offices below:
120 N. Redwood Drive. San Rafael, CA 94903
3240 Kerner Blvd. San Rafael, CA 94901
1 - 6th St. Point Reyes Station, CA 94956
Our offices are open Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.