Sistema de alerta de emergencias - Alert Marin
Registrarse para el servicio de notificacion de emergencias de Alerta Marin. Este sistema se utiliza para alertar al publico de posibles situaciones de emergencia como tomar refugio en lugar por si hay un derrame de materiales peligrosos o una evacuacion por un incendio forestal. https://tinyurl.com/y4r8gwbn
Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) Preparedness Information
This summer PG&E is taking action to reduce the fire danger by shutting off power during high risk weather events. Power could be out for several days following this event. Please see the information about Preparing for Extended Power Outages at https://www.marinhhs.org/preparing-extended-power-outages
The Marin County Health and Human Services (HHS) Public Health Preparedness (PHP) Program is responsible for the administration of the Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP), Hospital Preparedness Program (HPP), and Pandemic Influenza grants.
The PHP program leads the medical and health planning efforts for emergency response to disasters that impact the health of our community. PHP works with many different stakeholder groups, including healthcare facilities, community-based organizations, law enforcement, fire personnel, city and town governments, other programs within HHS and many more to ensure a coordinated and effective response for the whole community.
Being prepared for any emergency will help reduce the burden on our healthcare system when a disaster strikes. Ready Marin has resources for building a variety of emergency kits for individuals and families, provides information on the Community Emergency Response (or CERT) teams, and lists classes and other resources to help you get and stay prepared. See volunteer information for specific information about CERT, American Red Cross, and Marin Medical Reserve Corps.
Resources for Vulnerable Populations:
- Aging Adults
- Centers For Disease Control and Prevention: Emergency Preparedness for Older Adults
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Training Resources
- Marin County Aging and Adult Services
- Marin Adult Information and Assistance
- For information about services and support for older adults and persons with disabilities to promote independent living and for preparedness resources please call (415) 457-INFO (4636) or click the link above
- Behavioral Health
- Individuals with Access & Functional Needs
- Ready.gov is the FEMA preparedness website with resources on various disaster types
- Totally Unprepared: modern earthquake preparedness site with short videos and graphics
- HHS emPower Map
- The Social Vulnerability Index (SVI) from the Agency for Toxic Substances & Disease Registry
- Marin County Sheriff's Office: Office of Emergency Services
- Sign up for alerts: Alert Marin